Have you got your sales pitch down? You know, a 30-second introduction that covers who you are and what you do. If you’ve been to a networking event, you know you need one – heck, if anyone has ever asked you what you do, you should have one! But as therapists, we’ve all heard every variation, so it’s important to have a memorable pitch that stands out. Here are some tips to having a professional and memorable pitch:
- Start with a brainstorm of the most important things you want people to know about what you do
- Reduce this list to the top 2 or 3 items
- Write it out – word for word, write out your script
- Incorporate something witty or funny (only if you’re comfortable with that sort of thing) to keep it memorable
- Practice, practice, practice! In front of a mirror and then in front of as many people as you can find who will give you honest feedback
- Revise it based on feedback
- You’re ready to give it a spin. Test your pitch at a networking event!